Friday, June 24, 2011

Ohio Adventures

Mark had a writing conference Saturday morning in the Cleveland area so we decided to make it a family visit.  We loaded up the girls, two girls take a lot of stuff, thank goodness for the Flex!  After getting the flat tire on the Flex fixed we finally set off at 6:45pm Friday night.  Driving down Woodward I realized - "oh no.  I forgot Mark's Father's day gift!"  I made Mark turn around so I could get them.  I worked hard to get those pictures taken and I wanted to pass them out.

The drive went very well for the most part.  Claire's cutting her two year molars and they were bothering her a bit but she held it together pretty well.  Brynn did amazingly well.  We got to Aunt Terri's and Uncle Larry's a little after 11pm.  Erica gave up her room for us and we all crashed after Brynn got her bottle.  She did a great job sleeping on this trip.  We hung out with Aunt Terri, Uncle Larry, Megan and Erica before heading to Grandma and Poppy's. 

Brynn got to meet most of the Miley clan between Saturday and Sunday's cookout, Chinese food eating fest!  Claire loved playing with her cousins too.  It took a while to warm up to everyone, but I'm chalking that up to teeth.  Once she warmed up she had a great time running around and looking at the horsies.  She even slept with one of Grandma's Care Bears. 



Poppy got Brynn to laugh pretty well while she was playing in her jungle gym Saturday night.  Brynn is a great baby she loved being passed around and seeing everyone.  I think Aunt Terri and Megan want her to visit again really soon:)  Brynn loved sleeping while they were holding her.


Sunday was Father's Day and we headed to church with Nana, Grandma and Poppy.  The girls were dressed in matching outfits they had gotten from Nana and looked pretty good.  After church we gave Mark his Father's Day present and Poppy his present.  Mark loved the picture of the girls I had done as a secret.  I'll have to blog again with all of those cute pictures.


Four Generations
There is also one with Poppy but I don't have that one.

After some family pictures we headed over to Grandma Lou's house for a visit. 





We spent Sunday evening and Monday with Grandma Lou.  We visited her at work on Monday where Claire enjoyed the carousel that is in the food court of the mall.  Claire also enjoyed playing with Grandma Lou's toys.  We spent a lot of quality time with those toys.  Monday evening we got to hang out with Uncle Alan and Andrew since Aunt Jenie was in Virginia Beach I think.  They convinced Andrew to hold Brynn for a minute before they left.  I wish I had a picture of that but I was putting Claire to sleep so I missed it. 
 Claire with Grandma Lou's toys.
 Grandma Lou reading to Claire
 Mark and Brynn on the couch
Grandma and Brynn
We had a blast on our vacation thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment