Thursday, June 2, 2011

"I love, love, love her so much!"

That's Claire talking about Brynn.  Claire loves Brynn and loves being a big sister.  Sometimes she loves her too much.  We watch her when she is loving Brynn because she doesn't know her own strength or how fragile babies can be. She's learning though.

Claire likes to tell me what to do with Brynn. "Mommy, Brynn needs a bottle."  or "Mommy, put Brynn in her jungle gym." (That's her floor mat)  She loves to play with Brynn in her jungle gym.

My favorite is when she heard Brynn crying during a diaper change when she was just a few weeks old, Claire came running to the changing station and said "Don't worry big sister coming"  It just melted my heart.  The other day we were driving and Brynn was crying a little, she dropped her binks and her hand wasn't cutting it,  I heard Claire saying "I know, I know Brynn.  Its okay." She was trying to comforst her.  Today she told me she wants to move Brynn's car seat next to hers in the car.  We're going to keep them were they are but its cute that she wants to be by her. 


At bedtime getting ready to read Claire a story.
 Chilling on the couch together.
 Holding hands.  Claire did this all on her own one morning watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse in our bed one morning. 

 This is the first time Claire met Brynn and held her. I love this picture.  Its the three most important things to me

 In the crib together.

Claire loves to give Brynn kisses all the time, and to get Brynn to smile.  Brynn smiles the best for Claire.  Always nice big smiles.  Its adorable.  She thinks Brynn's bottles smell bad and she'll tell her so. She likes to hold her too, only for a minute max.  She sits on the couch and gets the Boppy pillow around her and puts her  arms in this karate chop position so she can hold her. 

That's sisterly love for you.  I have great sisters and I hope my girls will have that too. 

1 comment: