Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Claire's Christmas Concert

I really should be sleeping but I am up, researching Christmas party ideas for my students and now writing a blog post.  Claire's concert went really well.  They had four classes that night, two preschool junior classes (3 year olds) and two preschool seniors (4 year olds).  It was jammed packed and very hard to see anything. I had to sneak up to the front side to take pictures.  Claire sang very loudly, Mark could hear her from the back, and she did all the hand motions she was supposed to. 


 Go Tell it on the Mountain!


 Jingle Bells

 Daddy, Nana and Claire

 Brynn, me, Papa, Gaga, Claire and Ms. Meg.

Family Picture

After the concert we went to Mass since it was a Holy Day of Obligation.  I was thinking so many people would be going to mass from the concert since the school kept reminding us it was a Holy Day. ( Catholic School-UCS doesn't remind kids of Holy Days:) Nope it was just us and one other family from Claire's class.  We stuck it out and went to church.  It was a very nice actually.  The priest had a good homily and even worked Brynn into the homily.  He asked her name and when I said "Brynn" he commented on how he doesn't know names now a days.  I realize I have to enunciate Brynn's name really well when telling them her name to someone new.  You won't believe how many Brynn's I've seen in the last 9 months, at least 3 or 4.  I think that's a lot.

All in all we were very proud of our singing Christmas girl.  Claire did a very nice job.

Thanks for reading,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. I like how Claire and a few kids behind her are doing the mountain hand gesture, but the kids on either side of her are just figuring out which way the wind is blowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a very nice way to put it Andy.
    Is Brynn getting red hair, or is it just the lighting in the last couple of shots?

    ReplyDelete