Monday, October 31, 2011

"Daddy pick Mickey Mouse up from the TV..."

Claire called Mark yesterday on the phone while he was doing bottle returns.  She was talking about how she wanted Mickey Mouse to come play at her house. She was going to show him all her toys and they could "play all day!"  She told me to ask daddy to pick up Mickey.  The girl loves Mickey Mouse!  We called Mark and put it on speaker phone so I could hear his response.   She babbled on for about two minutes and this is how the conversation went:
Ring Ring
"HI Claire."
"Hi Daddy I need you to go to the TV and get Mickey and drive him here because I can't go to the TV and I need him to come here so I need you to drive to the TV and get Mickey and bring him here to play with me.  So get Mickey okay."
PAUSE
"Oh well I'm not sure what to say--I don't know if I can drive to the TV."
"Yep Daddy drive to the tv and get Mickey and bring him here"
"Well that is a really cool idea Claire.  Mommy what do you think about that?"


Then I told Claire about how Mickey lives in Florida and California and he is very busy because so many boys and girls go see him he probably can't come see us. 

"No Mommy he CAN come see us."

"Well lets right him a note and we'll mail it to him."

"Okay."  And that is what we did.  She even kissed the letter twice.  Although when Mark got home she asked him:
"DADDY!  Did you bring Mickey home?"

She really loves that Mouse!!

Here is are some pics of Claire's visit to Disney at 16 months old.

 Meeting Daisy Duck
 Playing in Winne the Pooh's house
 Daddy and Claire
 Entranced on It's a Small World.
 She was so excited to see them. 
I think Mickey Mouse may be her first crush!
Thanks for reading,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Looking at these pictures, it is amazing how much she has grown. Also, very funny story, it is good to have these written down now so you can tell her about it when she is twenty!
    I wonder why she knew she couldn't go to the TV, but thought Mark could?

    ReplyDelete